Help Centre - Owner

See our FAQ

Is a habitation check compulsory to list my vehicle on Yescapa?

Currently, if you own a motorhome that is over 5 years old and has a boiler, you are required by law to have a habitation check in order for you to offer it on hire. However, even if your vehicle is less than 5 years old, a certified gas safety inspection is advised to ensure the hired equipment is safe for renters to use. 

Although we do not make this compulsory in order to list your vehicle on Yescapa, we strongly advise you to get one done, for peace of mind and safety throughout rentals.

A habitation check is a detailed examination of your motorhome or campervan. Habitation checks entail a thorough inspection of the habitation area of your motorhome or campervan.

By having regular habitational checks carried out, you will also prevent small problems from becoming expensive repairs, protect the value of your motorhome and mainly the safety of your hirers.

Your local campervan or motorhome dealer service centre may be able to carry this work out for you or you can also contact companies such as Habcheck, which is an AWS approved mobile habitation check service that will come to you.