RAC Breakdown assistance

Motorhome and campervan hire assistance

The RAC provides assistance in the event of a breakdown in the UK and Europe with 24/7 support.

It covers UK registered vehicles which are under 3.5T. If the owner of the vehicle is a registered business please contact them directly to follow their breakdown procedure.

The relevant contact number and policy number is located on your “Insurance certificate” form sent to you before your rental.

Breakdown assistance

Once a breakdown is reported an RAC service van will be sent out to the location. The RAC will try to repair the vehicle at the roadside. Owners authorise roadside repairs on their vehicle during Yescapa rentals. Owners are liable for up to £200 for roadside repairs required if their vehicle has broken down due to poor maintenance. If it is found that the renter has caused the vehicle to breakdown due to driver misuse, the renter will be charged £200 per call out.

If the vehicle cannot be repaired the RAC will tow the vehicle to the nearest authorised garage. The RAC will contact Yescapa to decide the best way to assist the renter from here eg. providing temporary accommodation or a replacement vehicle (value set at a maximum of £50 per person for a maximum of 3 days). The owner should request a diagnostic report from the garage to discover if the source of the breakdown was caused by renter misuse or poor vehicle maintenance. This document will be used to define which party is culpable for the necessary repairs.