Help Centre - Renter

See our FAQ

What documents are necessary when travelling abroad?

If you are hiring a vehicle in the UK and are planning on travelling abroad, you will need a VE103 vehicle on hire certificate to show you’re allowed to use a hired or leased vehicle if you’re driving it abroad.

You can get a VE103 for a fee from the:

From this link, you will be able to download the VE103R application form, and submit your request.  

You will need to include the following to your request: 

  • A copy of the rental agreement (available as soon as you have uploaded the necessary documents and they have been validated by our team, don't hesitate to contact us to speed up this process)
  • The correct fee of £8.00 for each Certificate. Special delivery can be arranged at an additional charge of £6.95 if you require your VE103R within 2 working days.

It remains the renter's responsibility to request this document in due time before the hire. 

*Please note the rules for passports, driving, EHIC, pet travel abroad may be subject to change post-Brexit.

These questions may be of interest to you